Monday, November 15, 2010

Then and Now

I am now at an age where I can make comparisons between "then" and "now". Changes have evolved at such a quick pace and man's creativity is astounding.

In my childhood days, all laundry was done
with a wooden scrubbing board and a metal basin of water. Then came the washing machine
which automated the process and the chore which let you have well-toned arms is now a flick of the switch and pressing a couple of buttons. The machine even beeps to let you know that your wash is done.This is truly a housewife's boon.
The way we communicate today is a far cry from what it used to be. The old telephone with the ring dial
has been superceded by the handphones of innumerable styles with multiple functions
such as internet surfing, texting, taking photographs, videos, social networking,emailing,playing games, etc., etc.However, the downside is that everyone is so engrossed with whatever they are doing on their phones
that good, old face-to-face interaction has taken a backseat. Haven't you ever felt lost with your handphone? If you found yourself in a spot where you had forgotten to bring it along with you, didn't you feel bereft? It's as if you left a part of yourself behind!
To me, my phone is like a life-line. The other day I forgot it as I was in a hurry to get to town. The result? I made sure I drove very slowly so that I wouldn't find myself in a situation where I would be helpless without any means to call for help. I can tell you it was quite stressful!
Gadgetry is here to stay. Even the very young ones are adept at handling and using them!
These will the tech whizzes of the next generation. Everything will be technology-based and if you do not keep abreast of the fast-changing innovatons and the superspeed evolution of knowledge,you will be like a fossil, frozen in your time capsule.
Then and NowSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: