Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Life Is Unpredictable


 

Everything is transient but we are not consciously aware of this fact. As each day comes around, we take it that life will continue as usual. We go about doing our usual things, whether it be commuting to work or attending to our chores at home, etc. It never occurs to us that we could make an exit at any time.

Each morning I look at my jasmine plant and note the status of the buds, which one will bloom the next morning. There was a big bud and I was eagerly anticipating the morning that will see it fully open in its pristine beauty. However, the next morning, I saw it on the floor of my balcony.

The strong wind in the night had broken its stem and it lay there, robbed forever of its time to bloom and preen in my devoted admiration.

I hadn’t expected that to happen. Strong winds had never before broken off any stems from my plants. It just goes to show how the unexpected can happen.

Just like I never expected my good friend to pass on, so quickly and unexpectedly. It’s hard to believe that he’s gone, here one day and gone the next.

Can we prepare for the unexpected? Can we not be caught unaware and leave a mess for those we leave behind, for our loved ones to sort out?

Any time is a good time to begin decluttering. It’s time to take stock and to get rid of the things we no longer need, things that we have accumulated during our younger days. After all, we came into this world, naked and empty-handed. We will leave in the same manner, empty-handed.

It’s time we think of our loved ones and save them the pain of having to go through all our belongings and clutter. Why not make it simple for them and declutter now, bit by bit. We won’t know when our exit time is.

Life Is UnpredictableSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: