Monday, November 16, 2009

Do you know your ABC?


Hi,

Do you know what ABC stands for?

No, it's not the alphabet that you learn when you begin your schooling, neither is it the Air Batu Campur or Ice Kacang, the delightful dessert that can cool even the hottest temper.

I learnt it a short while ago while attending a short course on internet marketing.

It stands for Attitude, Behaviour and Character.

I learnt that your success in whatever you do, depends on your ABC.

If you have a lackadaisical attitude, you will never achieve your goals. That is true because success depends on how you committed you are, how focussed and how consistent.

One's behaviour also affects one's image. First impressions are lasting and if your behaviour is less than what is perceived to be acceptable, then this could affect your relationships whether in business or social circles.

Character is very important. One can put on a front but not for long. You can fool someone but you can't fool everyone all the time. Somehow your true colours will come out. If you are caught in a dicey situation, how you behave reflects on your character.

Some people have said that they can tell one's character by looking at one's face. I have my doubts about the accuracy of this but in a general way, you can tell if a person is up to no good by his behaviour, the look in his eyes and the way he talks.

I guess experience has a lot to do with it. I remember my granny telling me that she has eaten more salt than I have eaten rice and so it is advisable for me to heed her advice. She was very good at summing up a person's character.

That was why I always introduced my boyfriends to her. She was one astute lady.

So if you have wise grandmas, do listen to what they have to say. They may be old and out-moded but they have racked up more experience than we have. Just be alert to the pearls that come out of their mouths!

Please visit my website at http://www.peggy-chan.comDo go there to get your freebies.

Thank you.
Do you know your ABC?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: