Friday, April 9, 2010

More Time Please!


Have you ever felt an urgency that compels you to do things which you are afraid you may not have time to accomplish? I wonder if any of you out there are in the situation that I find myself these days? So many things to do and not enough time to get going.

Maybe it is the fact that I’m not getting younger each day but on the contrary, time seems to be spinning faster and faster as I grow older. A quarter of 2010 is fast slipping by.

Before I retired I had a list of things that I wanted to do after retirement. I wanted to have time to indulge in my passion for handicraft such as doing more paper tole,( the larger 3D pictures are in my second daughter's home in KL )


quilling,making gift/greeting cards,(Strips of paper are rolled to create things)


paper clay brooches and pictures





creating dolls. Here are some of my dolls, the clown being my favorite.




These were things I used to do whenever I had some spare time and it gave me such great pleasure to create something unique.

Reading was another big item on my list. There were so many books that I wanted to read. In fact I have a collection of special editions which have yet to be read.


Learning about the internet and creating websites….. that was what I wanted to learn very much. I hadn’t heard about blogging then, nor had I heard of Facebook or Twitter.


Gardening is another hobby which I like. I love greens and flowers, even chillis. It gives me such a wonderful feeling when the flowers bloom and the chili plants bear chillis.


Now that I’m retired, I haven’t been able to do all that I had planned to do. I’ve not been able to sew any dolls or do any quilling or paper tole, or create gift/greeting cards. I’ve yet to open one of my special edition books.

I’m learning a little about the internet each day and I’m blogging but I’m still unable to create a satisfactory website. There is so much information overload that I feel overwhelmed. I get bombarded by so many emails daily that sometimes I’m afraid to open my mail box!

Creative writing is another hobby which I’ve neglected. It’s been years since I wrote a poem.

Upon retirement I’m supposed to have a lot of free time to do what I love to do but unfortunately I find that I hardly have the time to indulge in those hobbies. Not having a housemaid means that the mundane chores have to be done and these do take up time, especially Chinese cooking.....sigh!

I have a couple of hours on the computer each day not at one go but in small chunks of time as chores come in between. Thank goodness I can listen to music while working on the computer. My favourite CDs play in the background as I do my online reading or blogging.


I feel such a compelling need to assuage my thirst for knowledge and to make some money online. The learning curve is steep and time consuming. Outsourcing takes money and I don’t have the funds. Now it looks like I’m running out of time too!

Maybe I ought to divide my time more meaningfully, such as devote a couple of hours here and there to my different hobbies. Will that be more satisfying? Is that the way to go?
I don’t know. Maybe I will try it out for a month to see.
More Time Please!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: